*Thank you for all recent applications, we are currently shortlisting.*
About the Role:
Based at our Norwich production premises in our busy Despatch & Warehouse Team, your primary responsibility as 1 of 2 Warehouse Operatives on opposite shifts is to monitor and control warehouse stock by overseeing, directing and coordinating the movement of paper stocks, packaging and consumables into and out of the Warehouse.
You will work to your strengths, with your own specialism and skills, but as part of a team. You will be responsible for housekeeping and organisation of all stores and will be expected to help with other duties within Production, whether as part of holiday or sickness cover or to assist in general to ensure a smooth operation.
Reporting to: Head of Despatch & Logistics – David Holt
Main Place of Work:
Page Bros Group Ltd
Mile Cross Lane
Hours: 37 hours per week
Normal work patterns will consist of an Alternating Early and Late shift. Flexibility is required. Any changes will be in keeping with the business and discussed with you in advance.
- Positive “can-do” focus and attitude.
- Experience in the printing industry, within a similar role, is preferred
- Proactive problem-solving ability with exceptional attention to detail.
- Good I.T. numeracy & data entry skills
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment under rigid deadlines.
- An excellent team player, with an equal willingness to work on their own initiative.
Physical Requirements of the role:
- Ability to lift and move inventory
- Ability to bend and stretch
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods
- Ability to walk distances
- Provide regular stock information to your Line Manager and other departments as required, contributing to departmental reports for your areas of responsibility.
- Coordinate incoming and outgoing stock deliveries, inspecting and verifying the quality and accuracy of incoming stock, resolving any discrepancies between delivery notes and stock received. Process returns to suppliers or customers if required.
- Assist your colleagues in Despatch with the safe and timely loading and unloading of deliveries.
- Update and maintain Imprint stock control and machine schedules.
- Monitor and manage stock by completing regular stock counts and play a key role in the successful completion of annual/ monthly stock counts, assisting the Purchasing Manager and Financial Controller as required.
Stores Management & Operations:
- Be an integral part of the company’s workflow, with an awareness of business activities that may impact on the timely delivery of our products.
- Display a working knowledge of materials and processes, recommending cost savings and efficiencies to your manager where possible.
- Organise stores to the highest standards according to Safety and Operational requirements in line with established procedures, sorting stock according to established procedures.
- Operate the guillotine to cut plain and printed sheets, providing stock of the required sizes to Production in a timely and accurate manner.
- Pick and prepare allocated stock and or consumables to the factory, out workers, remote sites or customers, liaising and supporting the Production Shift Managers.
- Meet regularly with other teams to discuss and formulate plans to resolve issues.
- Use initiative and resourcefulness to develop new methods, criteria or propose new policies, implementing and establishing best practice and continuous improvement.
Health, Safety & Environment:
- Be an ambassador for and adhere to all safety standards and operating procedures within your area of responsibility, ensuring strict adherence to all housekeeping standards for the warehouse and yard areas by yourself, colleagues and visitors.
- Control and oversee all waste streams, including waste paper, hazardous waste for collection and waste skips/trailers.
- Maintain skills and certification to safely operate goods handling equipment such as reach and counterbalance fork trucks, pallet trucks.
- Assist all external consultants and managers as required to ensure all aspects of HS&E, security, quality, and environmental audits are monitored and maintained to meet our ISO certification for 14001, 9001 and 27001, aiming for 45001 accreditation in your areas of work.
- Adhere to Page Bros procedures and policies and ensure that all activities for which you are responsible are completed to a high standard.
- Attend individual and team meetings as requested by your line manager.
- Take active responsibility for personal professional growth and development within the role. This will include the identification of training following a skills review, and other developmental opportunities at regular review meetings and through ongoing dialogue with your line manager.
Over and Above:
Every day you will align yourself to the company Vivid Vision. Try to add to the Team Culture, making sure others feel supported and enjoy the benefits of your valuable professional skills and experience.
Sometimes you’ll be asked to carry out other duties and responsibilities of a similar professional nature to those described above.
How to Apply:
If you want to make a positive difference and can work in proactive ways; visit www.pagebros.co.uk/jobs to find out how to apply or send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
TBC – Applications by e-mail only (Please note that all applications will be acknowledged by return e-mail) Successful applicants will be invited to attend for an interview. Any job offer will be conditional and may be subject to an enhanced DBS check.