Role Title: Trainee Estimator
About the Role:
Based at our Norwich production premises in our busy Commercial Team, you will initially be trained to produce print estimates from customers enquiries.
As you gain knowledge and experience you will help with other duties within the department, whether as part of holiday or sickness cover working closely and interacting with all levels of management and employees to successfully deliver projects through to completion.
Reporting to: Commercial Manager – Godric Churchill
Main Place of Work:
Page Bros Group Ltd
Mile Cross Lane
- Positive “can do” customer focus and attitude.
- Some experience in the print industry would be advantageous but not necessary
- An enquiring mind and an eagerness to learn
- Strong computing and analytical skills, with experience in Excel.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
- An excellent team player, with an equal willingness to work on their own initiative.
- Create accurate and timely estimates from client’s enquiries using internal MIS, liaising with the department Estimators. Ensure the highest standard of information is captured to enable customer expectations to be met.
- Interpret customer requirements and offer cost-saving opportunities to the client where possible.
- Provide information to your Line Manager as required, contributing to a monthly departmental report for your areas of responsibility.
Production/ Interdepartmental Liaison:
- Consult with the appropriate department managers to determine production capabilities and optimal production process.
- Meet regularly with other teams to discuss and formulate plans to resolve issues and seek continual improvement.
- Use initiative and resourcefulness to develop new methods, criteria or propose new policies, implementing and establishing best practice and continuous improvement.
- Adhere to Page Bros procedures and policies and ensure that all activities for which you are responsible are completed to a high standard.
- Attend individual and team meetings as requested by your line manager.
- Take active responsibility for personal professional growth and development within the role. This will include the identification of training following a skills review, and other developmental opportunities at regular review meetings and through ongoing dialogue with your line manager.
Over and Above:
Every day you will align yourself to the company Vivid Vision. Add to the Team Culture, making sure others feel supported and enjoy the benefits of your valuable professional skills and experience.
Sometimes you’ll be asked to carry out other duties and responsibilities of a similar professional nature to those described above.
How to Apply:
If you want to make a positive difference and can work in proactive ways; send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com
TBC – Applications by e-mail only (Please note that all applications will be acknowledged by return e-mail) Successful applicants will be invited to attend an interview. Any job offer will be conditional and may be subject to an enhanced DBS check.