About the role:
We are looking for an enthusiastic, individual to assist in the smooth running of the Finance Team at Page Bros. This role is ideal for a candidate eager to pursue a career in finance, as you will gain hands on experience of accounting in multiple areas of our business. Training and the opportunity to study for a professional qualification will be given to provide a solid understanding of accounting and to develop your career.
You will be an ambitious, proactive individual who understands the importance of accuracy. In addition to these attributes you will bring an approachable demeanour with excellent communication skills to complement our small & friendly team.
- You will be expected to take the lead on new projects, working independently and taking ownership of your responsibilities in finding innovative solutions to new challenges.
- You will be trained to analyse, manipulate, reconcile and present various forms of data, as well as receive a strong understanding of booking, system processing, management reporting, taxation and business analysis.
This role is permanent, 36 hours per week, Monday to Friday. needs of the business.
Salary & Benefits:
£17 – 19k pro rata (dependant on experience)
20 days holiday + 8 in respect of public holidays (pro rata) rising to 26 + 8 after 1 year of service
Main Place of Work/Location:
Page Bros Group Ltd
Mile Cross Lane
Zoe Sanders, Financial Controller
Competencies, Skills & Experience:
- Solid knowledge of financial and accounting procedures
- Practical experience using financial software (ideally SAGE)
- Confident in use of Microsoft Office, with an emphasis on Excel
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Excellent attention to detail accuracy and ability to work to tight deadlines
- Purchase Ledger
- Payroll (holiday relief)
Duties to include:
- Matching purchase invoices and ledger posting in an accurate and timely manner
- Conduct weekly (BACS) payments, dealing with all payment requests
- Statement Reconciliations
- Support the payroll function providing holiday cover and additional support as required
- Provide general support to other admin and accounting functions as required
Over & Above
Every day add positively to the Team Culture, making sure others feel supported and enjoy the benefits of your valuable professional skills and experience.
Sometimes you’ll be asked to carry out other duties and responsibilities of a similar professional nature to those described above.
How to Apply:
Please send a copy of your up to date C.V. with a covering letter detailing why you feel you should be considered for the role, for attention of Rosalie Collins, H.R. Manager.
Closing Date: Sunday 31st October 2021