About the Role:
Based at our Norwich production premises in our busy Commercial Customer Services Team, your primary responsibility within the customer service department is to more than meet the needs of the clients assigned to you, from initial enquiry, through the production process, to delivery.
You will work to your strengths, with your own specialism and skills, but as part of a team. You will be expected to help with all customers and duties within the department, whether as part of holiday or sickness cover or to assist in ensure a smooth experience for the customer.
You will represent the business as the first point of contact for our clients, updating them on progress and all other aspects of their order, working closely and interacting with all levels of management and employees to successfully deliver projects through to completion.
Reporting to: Head of Customer Success – Helen Wroe
Main Place of Work:
Page Bros Group Ltd
Mile Cross Lane
Hours: 36 hours per week
- Positive “can do” customer focus and attitude.
- Strong computing and analytical skills, with experience of print-based MIS.
- Proactive problem-solving ability with exceptional attention to detail.
- Experience in the printing industry, within a similar role, is essential.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment under rigid deadlines for projects of various sizes and scopes.
- An excellent team player, with equal willingness to work on own initiative.
1. Customer Liaison:
- Build and strengthen relationships with new and existing clients, via email, telephone and face to face contact with a view to increase sales.
- Work closely with clients, ensuring they are updated on progress of jobs. The sales team should only be dealing with the customer in exceptional circumstances.
- Develop rapport with individual customer contact(s), seeking to maximise touchpoints and so extend the Page Bros reach and impact within client group.
- Issue order acknowledgement for all work.
- Timely communications to ensure all parties remain on schedule, providing internal feedback to any changes in client scheduling or and requirements.
- Demonstrably seek to add value, supporting positively, qualification of contingency requirements and potential impacts on revenues.
- Confirm key milestones, including despatch.
- Always follow up outstanding estimates/next job.
- Display a good working knowledge of materials and production processes, recommending cost savings/added value opportunities to the client where possible.
- Ensure high levels of communication, liaising daily with key functional areas in the business to ensure the timely delivery of jobs and effective resolutions to customer related issues.
- Support Technical Customer Support colleague in conveying technical detail to the client.
- Meet regularly with Page Bros colleagues to discuss and formulate plans to resolve issues impacting customer satisfaction.
- During peak periods and that of holiday or sickness, support Technical Customer Services, developing basic competency in use of Expert Estimating tools, MIS works instruction ticket completion, in order to produce accurate and timely instructions for production colleagues, to produce and deliver on client requirements.
2. Quality Control:
- Be an integral part of the company’s workflow, with an awareness of unrelated business activities that may impact the timely delivery of our products.
- Active participation at daily production meeting, following through on queries arising, following up on actions post meeting.
- Monitoring work progress through the business to minimise exposure and risk on projects.
- Use initiative and resourcefulness to develop new methods, criteria or propose new policies, implementing and establishing best practice and continuous improvement.
- Provide information to your Line Manager on a daily and weekly basis, contributing to a monthly departmental report for your areas of responsibility.
- Adhere to Page Bros procedures and policies and ensure that all activities for which you are responsible are completed to a high standard.
- Attend weekly individual and team meetings with your line manager.
- Take active responsibility for personal professional growth and development within the role. This will include the identification of training following a skills review, and other developmental opportunities at regular review meetings and through ongoing dialogue with your line manager.
Over and Above:
Every day you will align yourself to the company Vivid Vision and add to the Team Culture, making sure others feel supported and enjoy the benefits of your valuable professional skills and experience.
Sometimes you will be asked to carry out other duties and responsibilities of a similar professional nature to those described above.
Key Performance Indicators:
1. Customer Liaison
- Send order acknowledgement email to all clients, for every job or suite of jobs if a contract order/bulk Purchase Order, confirming key data.
- Respond to inbound emails from customers/outworkers in not less than 1 hour (within regular working office hours), acknowledging complex issues with suggested timeframe for full response.
- Raise delivery notes on confirmation of confirmed delivery date, ensuring all stakeholders are aware of key dates.
- Ensure customer documentation both internal and externally is 100% accurate, raising any queries with Technical Customer Support colleagues.
- Phone conversations should be confirmed in writing, by email on the same day.
- Daily, use of all mediums to engage with customer and internal colleagues – email, phone, TEAMS.
- Prioritise customer follow-up following any external interaction between customers & Page Bros Technical Services.
2. Quality Control
- Proactively engage in daily production meeting (OR alternate with colleagues)
- Actively participate at production meeting, to ensure accurate, timely, successful completion of jobs.
- Liaise throughout each day with line manager, sharing progress on WIP.
- Close queries daily (carry forward by exception).
- Contribute on how to improve Imprint application, decrease spoilage, improve customer satisfaction (proactively sharing ideas, suggestions).
- Open, transparent, positive approach to supporting colleagues; knowledge sharing to best support customer outcomes; providing holiday/sickness cover, as necessary.
- A basic functional knowledge of print production – litho and or digital, finishing
- Experience in customer service/account management in print, marketing, creative agency
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office particularly Excel
- Has worked within an MIS driven environment; ability to use the MIS on a regular basis
- Excellent telephone manner and can express thoughts clearly, concisely in both speaking and writing
- Numerate – to GCSE Maths equivalency
- Worked as part of a team
- Solution-focused – demonstrates initiative and follow-through
- Understanding of commercial print markets/education sector – business drivers
- Experience in customer service environment in any business
- Experience with estimating tools and detailed print production methodologies
- Experience with Print MIS (Imprint, Tharston, Prism/Pace)
- Data-driven – evidence of analytical abilities
- Demonstrable desire to understand more about internal and external customers
- Takes responsibility for own work – accountable
- Commercially focused
- Outgoing, personable, confident personality
- Supports colleagues, sharing learning and offering inter-departmental support
- Checks own understanding – actively seeks feedback
- Active interest in learning
- Wide range of customer service experience in career history
- Share successes – welcomes feedback, positive outlook
How to Apply:
If you want to make a positive difference and can work in proactive ways; visit www.pagebros.co.uk/jobs to find out how to apply or send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
TBC – Applications by e-mail only (Please note that all applications will be acknowledged by return e-mail) Successful applicants will be invited to attend for an interview. Any job offer will be conditional and may be subject to an enhanced DBS check.