About the Role:
Based at our Norwich production premises in our busy Commercial Team, your primary responsibility is to provide technical service and support to the business operations, from initial enquiry, through the production process, to delivery, creating estimates and works instructions to a high standard of accuracy.
You will help with other duties within the department, whether as part of holiday or sickness cover working closely and interacting with all levels of management and employees to successfully deliver projects through to completion.
Reporting to: Commercial Manager – Godric Churchill
Main Place of Work:
Page Bros Group Ltd
Mile Cross Lane
- Positive “can do” customer focus and attitude.
- Experience and working knowledge of printing, materials, processes and associated industries, ideally within a similar role.
- Proactive problem-solving ability with exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong computing and analytical skills, with experience of print–based MIS & Excel.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment under rigid deadlines for projects of various sizes and scopes.
- An excellent team player, with equal willingness to work on own initiative.
- Create accurate and timely estimates from client’s enquiries using internal MIS, liaising with the department Estimators. Ensure the highest standard of information is captured to enable customer expectations to be met.
- Prepare fully detailed and accurate Works Instruction Tickets. These are to be raised from the estimate unless for contract work, all Purchase Orders and relevant job documents.
- Interpret customer requirements and offer cost saving opportunities to the client where possible.
- Provide information to your Line Manager as required, contributing to a monthly departmental report for your areas of responsibility.
Production/ Interdepartmental Liaison:
- Consult with the appropriate department managers to determine production capabilities and optimal production process.
- Meet regularly with other teams to discuss and formulate plans to resolve issues and seek continual improvement.
- Be the first point of contact, advising and providing direction to colleagues seeking specifications on a project.
- Use initiative and resourcefulness to develop new methods, criteria or propose new policies, implementing and establishing best practice and continuous improvement.
- Adhere to Page Bros procedures and policies and ensure that all activities for which you are responsible are completed to a high standard.
- Attend individual and team meetings as requested by your line manager.
- Take active responsibility for personal professional growth and development within the role. This will include the identification of training following a skills review, and other developmental opportunities at regular review meetings and through ongoing dialogue with your line manager.
Over and Above:
Every day you will align yourself to the company Vivid Vision. Add to the Team Culture, making sure others feel supported and enjoy the benefits of your valuable professional skills and experience.
Sometimes you’ll be asked to carry out other duties and responsibilities of a similar professional nature to those described above.
How to Apply:
If you want to make a positive difference and can work in proactive ways; visit www.pagebros.co.uk/jobs to find out how to apply or send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com
TBC – Applications by e-mail only (Please note that all applications will be acknowledged by return e-mail) Successful applicants will be invited to attend for an interview. Any job offer will be conditional and may be subject to an enhanced DBS check.