Environmental Policy Statement
Page Bros Ltd recognises the importance of environmental considerations and is committed to a policy of ongoing care for the environment and will take these into account at all stages of business planning, purchasing, development, production and marketing whilst continuing to produce high quality products to our customer’s specification and satisfaction. Our environmental policy is a keystone of our system for setting objectives for continual improvement and the reduction of our impact on the environment, resource availability and climate change.
Page Bros are also committed to the principles of sustainability and support the aims of the Forestry Stewardship Council (FSC) and the Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification Schemes (PEFC). Page Bros operates to the international standard ISO BS EN 14001:2015.
In particular the following objectives will be pursued as far as is reasonably practicable:
- To ensure compliance with all current environmental legislation
- To minimise consumption of all raw materials used, including fuel and energy and measure progress through the development of traceable data from site operations and through our supply chain
- To minimise waste in production and packaging and ensure that any waste generated is labelled, stored and disposed of correctly and where possible recycled
- To reduce the amount of solvents and other hazardous chemicals in the workplace and /or atmosphere
- To provide safe, clean and hygienic working conditions
- To reduce noise levels to lowest levels practicable for employees and members of the public
- To develop systems to prevent/reduce any environmental pollution and alert the company to any accidental emissions or incidents
- To co-ordinate deliveries and sales calls to reduce transport costs and energy
- To develop systems for the responsible purchase, development, operation and maintenance of plant and associated processes to reflect the principles above
- To promote the use of papers approved by the FSC and PEFC. In particular, we will focus on the use of recycled paper made from post consumer waste or from legal timber. We will not source from forests with a high WWF conservation status.
This policy will be implemented by the Board of Page Bros and reference should be made to the following documents which describe how this will be achieved:-
- Legal Register (shows how we comply with environmental regulations)
- Aspects Register (sets out how we manage our impacts on the environment)
- Management Programme (contains our measures, targets and objectives)
This policy and progress against it will be reviewed at least annually by the Board through a Management Review.
Managing Director and CFO
1 May 2016