This role is permanent, 25 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
Hours to be agreed to reflect the needs of the business.
Salary & Benefits:
£17 – 19k pro rata (dependant on experience)
20 days holiday + 8 in respect of public holidays (pro rata) rising to 26 + 8 after 1 year of service
You will have the opportunity to make a difference every day by working closely with the established team. You must be a proactive and highly organised individual with the skills and experience to assist in the smooth running of the Finance team at Page Bros. You will demonstrate an approachable demeanour with excellent communication skills.
Competencies, Skills & Experience:
- Solid knowledge of financial and accounting procedures
- Practical experience using financial software (Ideally SAGE)
- Confident in use of Microsoft Office, with an emphasis on Excel
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Excellent attention to detail accuracy and ability to work to tight deadlines
- Sharp time management skills
- Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data
- Experience of working within a small team
- Purchase Ledger
- Payroll (holiday relief)
Duties to include:
- Matching purchase invoices and ledger posting
- Conduct weekly (BACS) payments
- Statement Reconciliations
- Provide support to other financial functions as required
- Contribute to a monthly written report for your line manager summarising your areas of responsibility.
- Undertake the duties of your team members where possible in the event of sickness or annual leave, as required. Adhere to Page Bros procedures and policies and ensure that all activities for which you are responsible are completed to a high standard.
- Attend team meetings as requested by your line manager.
- Take active responsibility for personal professional growth and development within the role. This will include the identification of training and other developmental opportunities at regular review meetings and through ongoing dialogue with your line manager.
If you want to make a positive difference and can work in innovative ways, please send your C.V. and a covering letter explaining why you wish to be considered for the role, for attention of Rosalie Collins to firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday 25th February 2019 – Applications by e-mail only (Please note that all applications will be acknowledged by return e-mail) Successful applicants will be invited to attend for interview during late February or early March and any job offer may be subject to an enhanced DBS check.