About the role:
You will have the opportunity to make a difference every day by working closely with the established team. You must be a proactive and highly organised individual with the skills and experience to assist in the smooth running of the Finance Team at Page Bros. You will demonstrate an approachable demeanour with excellent communication skills.
This role is permanent, 36 hours per week, Monday to Friday. needs of the business.
Salary & Benefits:
£17 – 19k pro rata (dependant on experience)
20 days holiday + 8 in respect of public holidays (pro rata) rising to 26 + 8 after 1 year of service
Main Place of Work/Location:
Page Bros Group Ltd
Mile Cross Lane
Zoe Sanders, Financial Controller
Competencies, Skills & Experience:
• Solid knowledge of financial and accounting procedures
• Practical experience using financial software (Ideally SAGE)
• Confident in use of Microsoft Office, with an emphasis on Excel
• Excellent analytical and numerical skills
• Excellent attention to detail accuracy and ability to work to tight deadlines
• Sharp time management skills
• Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data
• Experience of working within a small team
• Purchase Ledger
• Payroll (holiday relief)
Duties to include:
• Matching purchase invoices and ledger posting in an accurate and timely manner
• Conduct weekly (BACS) payments, dealing with all payment requests
• Statement Reconciliations
• Support the payroll function providing holiday cover and additional support as required
• Provide general support to other admin and accounting functions as required
• Contribute to a monthly written report for your line manager summarising your areas of responsibility.
• Undertake the duties of your team members where possible in the event of sickness or annual leave, as required. Adhere to Page Bros procedures and policies and ensure that all activities for which you are responsible are completed to a high standard.
• Attend team meetings as requested by your line manager.
• Take active responsibility for personal professional growth and development within the role. This will include the identification of training and other developmental opportunities at regular review meetings and through ongoing dialogue with your line manager.
Over & Above
Every day try to add to the Team Culture, making sure others feel supported and enjoy the benefits of your valuable professional skills and experience.
Sometimes you’ll be asked to carry out other duties and responsibilities of a similar professional nature to those described above.
You will have the opportunity to make a difference every day by working closely with the established team. You must be a proactive and highly organised individual with the skills and experience to assist in the smooth running of the Finance team at Page Bros. You will demonstrate an approachable demeanour with excellent communication skills.
How to Apply:
Please send a copy of your up to date C.V. with a covering letter detailing why you feel you should be considered for the role, for attention of Rosalie Collins, H.R. Manager to email@example.com
Closing Date: Sunday 7th July 2019